Last week I came down with a cold and it was kicking my behind a bit. Like most people I’m sure, I strongly dislike being sick. Your nose can get extremely raw from countless tissues, you can also get a painful raw throat which makes eating a chore, and all the energy is sucked out of you. When I’m feeling under the weather I have a little routine to try and help my body recover as quickly as possible.
1. Sleep. When you’re feeling sick it’s impossible to get too much sleep.
2. Comfy Clothes. It’s the worst when you feel run down and are wearing restricting or itchy clothes. Comfort is key so if I’m sick enough to stay home I will just lounge in my PJ’s and if I end up going to work I will opt to wear leggings and a comfy sweater.
3. Old Movies. I love watching old movie when I’m sick and I’m not sure when or why I started doing this but it’s now become a staple every time I get sick. My go to movies are anything with Audrey Hepburn in it, Sabrina, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, My Fair Lady and Funny Face, and another favourite is surprisingly Boondock Saints which isn’t technically a classic but it is hilarious and also happens to stars Norman Reedus!
4. Tea. I grab my Cold 911 tea from David’s Tea or my Green Ginger Tea from Tazo and drink as many cups as I can. Both of these tea are filled with healthy goodness to help boost the immune system.
5. Face Steam. When I’m feeling incredibly stuffed up or my throat is killing me I like to boil some water and insert a couple of drops of tea tree oil into it. I cover my head with a towel and let the steam clear me out. Tea tree oil is absolutely amazing and can be used for so many things!
What is something you always have to do when you feeling ill?