Last week Niki from LoveNiki started a blog link up to help people find new fashion and beauty blogs, and she is planning on starting a weekly challenge for all fashion and beauty bloggers out there. Fingers crossed at a lot of people get on board with her challenges. I think this is a brilliant idea and am so excited to partake in her challenge. Niki is a sweetheart and if you haven’t seen her blog before please go over and do so, she is one of my favourite fashion and beauty bloggers out there. She also just opened up her own online shop which looks amazing and who doesn’t wish that they could open up their own shop! I’m so incredibly happy for her and can’t wait to see what she does next.
This weeks challenge was to come up with a celebrity inspired look. I picked Kate Beckinsale who is one of my favourite idols – she is just so gosh darn beautiful and I love her style!
Style inspiration: When Kate Beckinsale isn’t walking down the red carpet her style is casual with a little edge.
- I primed my eyes with MAC Bare Study paint pot to give a little shine under the eyeshadow and then applied MAC Patina all over my lid.
- I then applied MAC Saddle from the out corner of my eyes and blended it inwards to about half way.
- To define and make my outer corner a little more intense I blended NARS Mekong into the crease.
- To create the golden lower lash I used MAC Amber Lights.
- Kate’s eyes are lightly defined so I used MAC’s Teddy eye pencil and smuged it out on my top lash line and then applied it on my lower water line.
Face: Kate’s skin is absolute perfect.
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- MAC Mineralized SkinFinish
- Benefits Dallas bronzer
- Bobbie Brown Pink Quarts Shimmer Brick Compact
- MAC Peachykeen blush
- MAC Ravishing lipstick
- MAC Love Nectar lipglass