I picked up the highly raved Surf Spray from Bumble & Bumble in the hopes that I could start using this in my straight hair in place of daily heat. I had many hopes and dreams of how well this product would work, and I thought it would be my hair savior; however, I was sadly mistaken. I used this product for about two weeks straight and tried many techniques like using it without any other products, on wet hair, dry hair, with a variety of different hair product combinations, and different drying and styling techniques.
Below is the combination that I found gave me the best results.
- Sprayed in It’s A 10 Leave Miracle Leave-In Product and detangled my hair
- Sprayed a fair amount of Surf Spray in my hair
- Dried my hair using the defrizzer adapter on my hair dryer
- Once my hair was all dry I added in a few of my own curls using my straighter and used L’Oreal Paris Elnett Satin hairspray.
- To finish off the look I put a little Kerastase Reflection Chroma Riche in the ends of my hair.
I found this product to be lacking in creating effortless beachy hair as I still had to use heating tools to curl my hair, which isn’t a huge deal as I already used heat in it almost daily. I think my hopes for this product where a little high, and maybe even unrealistic as I didn’t see any dramatic change in my hair like I thought I would. I think that this spray might work best if you have really wavy or curly hair rather than straight hair as it seems to enhance and relax your natural waves/curls.
This product did some great things to my hair like give my rather flat strands some much desired volume, added some slight texture, and it smelt nice. Once this bottle is empty I think I will try a different salt spray to see if it produces better results.